Everyone knows it's about the shoes

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Au Revoir Galliano



Hello my dear friends, I have been taking some time to get through some personal matters that's why I have not posted anything in the past week and a half. Things started to take a turn for the better, but I got some very depressing news and my who fashion world came to a halt. If you keep up with the world fashion then you know what I am speaking about and understand how this could mess me up, but for those of you who are lost let me feel you in. The head designer for fashion house Christian Dior a Mr. Juan Carlos Antonio Galliano-Guillén best known by John Galliano(picture to the left) was Terminated from his position after allegation of racist remarks made at a Paris cafe to some travelers. This was then confirmed to be true by video footage of the Mr.Galliano that was taken in secret during the ordeal.

I must say I was shocked when I seen the footage but it was obvious that John was clearly drunk during the altercation and do to his inebriation was not all the way coherent to what he was saying. It is sad to think that this man who took the House of Dior and made it into an all new world of fantasy when he came in 14 years ago is no longer there and now his name and reputation is stained. I never got to meet him but I was able to attend a few of his pret-a-porter shows when I did frequent Paris during "Paris Fashion Week" and It was so inspiring just to be in the building he was in.


Christian Dior Fall 2008 Couture

Christian Dior Fall 2003 Couture

Christian Dior Spring 2007 Couture

Christian Dior Fall 2002 Couture

Christian Dior Spring 2003 Couture

Christian Dior Fall 2002 Couture

Christin Dior Fall 2009 Couture

Christian Dior Spring 2004 Couture

Christian Dior Fall 2004 Couture
(Gwen Stefani's wore this in the "What you waitin' for" music video)

Christian Dior Fall 2004 Couture
(Melania Trump's Wedding Dress, which had a price tag of $100,000)

Christian Dior Fall 2007 Couture

Christian Dior Fall 2008 Couture

Christian Dior Fall 2007 Couture
(Wedding Dress from "Sex and the City" Vogue shot)

Christian Dior Spring 2011 Couture

Christian Dior Fall 2010 Couture
(Worn by Rihanna at 2011 Grammys)

I think that he will make a comeback after this horrific mess of a media scandal, which will go down in fashion history and pop culture and leave a very nasty taste in people mouths. I can only imagine being at this past show which was the designers official last collection for the House of Dior. I do know there were many tears inside the tent erected in the gardens of the Musée Rodin that day as the show came to an end.

I am not sure what is to come for the House of Dior but I know they will make some great things happen until they have new front runner. Names are being tossed around to find a new designer such as Riccardo Tisci designer for the House of Givenchy, Alber Ebaz from the House of Lanvin and Haider Ackermanncthe new kid on the block. I am still amazed the queen of the fashion world Anna Wintor has said nothing about this whole thing. I am sure she is voicing her opinion to Christopher de Lapuente president of LVMH and Sidney Toledano CEO of Dior. They have so much at stake with this decision and by picking the wrong successor for the world renowned fashion house it could hit a ice patch and go into a fashion relapse like Christian Lacroix did in the 90's.

My sources tell me that Tisci is already confirmed just not publicly yet. If that is the case although Tisci is an amazing designer he would have some very big shoes to feel both figuratively and literally. This how thing just makes me super excited about Paris Fashion Week this July, I am going to be in a mad hunt to get a sit for Dior's Couture show this summer because this scandal has just made Dior the hottest show to get into. Cheers!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Darling, don't get too depressed. Artists are a sensitive, out of the box bunch... you know that. Although he may have crossed the line, with time we tend to forgive the artist and his rants - especially depending on HIS response once sober. I wonder if he has said anything since... I'd like to be kept updated. In any case, we all stick our feet in our mouths from time to time. Super Stars are no different. He is still a GENIUS in my book... hopefully he will straighten all of this out... some how.

    ReplyDelete